Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bought some sweet new pants

I'm bummed because I just realized a lot of my friends stopped posting on their blogs. I'm missing out on some good stalking. That said, I haven't been super faithful to this blog in the last couple weeks, so I can't really complain.

The last couple weeks have been mostly about choosing classes, freaking out about all my travel plans coming up and Florian. I'm trying to diversify my interests. Today I bought new pants at H&M and walked around Malasaña, a great bar district I've really only ever seen at night. Tomorrow I'm going to see The Cure!! And then I'm going out to say goodbye to Flo's friend Jenny who is returning to Germany at the end of the week. She laughs at least as often as I do, if not more. She's freaking awesome.

Madrid is treating me pretty well. I've had a few bad moments lately, but I'm trying to remember that sometimes cultural differences just seem like evil people. My professor reprimanded me in class yesterday for eating an orange. Of course, I had no idea what she wanted from me, so we ended up taking about five minutes out of class to discuss my orange and whether or not I could eat it. After class, she explained to me that "in Spain, we finish our food before we come to class." She is actually really atypical of most of the professors I've met. She, for example, actually shows up on time to class. Most of my professors are at least 15 minutes late. Which I love!

Still happy in Spain,
Cass

1 comment:

Paulo J said...

gotta love new pants at h&m! i got some sweet jeans there on rebajas.