Monday, February 4, 2008

GIANTS!

Yesterday was definitely the most memorable Super Bowl ever. Anna & I and all our closest European friends watched the game in an Irish bar. We had to explain all the rules (What is an interception? Why don't they just kick the ball? What happens if you punch someone?). Lucky for us, the entire crowd was rooting for the Giants (everyone booed the Patriots when they walked on the field). I rooted for them because the Patriots beat the Rams once. Enough reason for me. I really wanted to see Tom Brady fall on his face. The last quarter, that final run, was A-mazing. The entire bar went NUTS. All the Americans were jumping and screaming. Florian was practically cowering from all the noise. John was screaming and clapping though I don't think he knew why. Roberto was reaching for another cigarette. Anna and I were shouting insults at Brady. It was beautiful. Yea for fútbol americano in Spain!!

No comments: