Saturday, September 15, 2007

El Rancho did me some good after all.



So last night Anna and I saw Un Corazón Invencible. It was a lot of fun to watch an American movie dubbed in Spanish, but I'll probably try to see movies in their original languages from now on. It's called A Mighty Heart in English. I really recommend it. I'm always impressed with a movie that is mostly dialogue and set in one location, but still thrilling and captivating. Afterwards we went out for Mexican. The bartender made us margaritas and we got this huge plate of nachos with amazing guac on top. I doused my chips in salsa and inhaled them. Spicy food is hard to find in Madrid for some reason. I paid about 4 euros for tabasco sauce at Corté Ingles because I miss those flavors. I guess working at El Rancho I built up a bit of stamina for habaneros. At the Mexican place I finished off the salsa with a spoon. Ha.

Then, inevitably, we went out dancing and I found myself missing Shattered pretty hardcore. Techno is just pretty lame.

Here is a happy picture of me, for the few of you I've called crying, so you can know I am not miserable or anything. Plus a view from my apartment. There are a few more on my facebook.

1 comment:

David said...

hmm I like spicy food... today a friend of mine told me he discovered a pretty cool mexican restaurant close to my place, he says food there is very hot, I'll check it before you come to Barcelona ;)