Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hippie comeback

Tonight Anna and I went to a book study through an English-speaking church in Madrid called Oasis. The book: Irresistible Revolution. We showed up a half an hour late and I hadn't read any of the book. Just another day in Madrid for me, only tonight I enjoyed the lonely confusion in my own language.

The small group reminded me of Amanda's church in Santa Monica and I found myself thinking about God for the first time in a few days and it felt so good. One of the girls from the study loaned Anna and I her copy of the book. I am now 4 chapters in and very nervous that my life is about to change.

The author makes his own clothes and has dreadlocks. That's the least of it, so far, he's renounced Christian culture and made friends with lepers in Calcutta. I've got butterflies.

1 comment:

Hoi Polloi said...

Oh, My love- I am so happy you have found that book! I think it has also changed my life. For a few months there, that and all the other things I have been reading/experiencing/feeling had me so fearful that I was going to step away from the only thing that's ever felt safe to me. But, this feels so right and so close to God. And, in being honest with Ry and my church I feel this acceptance for who I am and where I am at. Oh! I will have to write you another letter and one is on its way (If I can get your parent's address).