Monday, November 19, 2007

Trying to enjoy my own damn grass.

I forced myself to get up for class today. In class I finally copied the syllabus from another student. Yea Cervantes!

I sat in the cafeteria-the only other warm part of my facultad besides the computer lab, which is closed right now. I sat in the cafeteria and read a book (in English!) on Spanish women writers. I was reading the history of women's suffrage in Spain when I realized I was actually interested in Spanish history. I am beginning to identify with Spain in some way. My apathy towards Madrid is so lame! It was refreshing to CARE about this place for once.

Just now I walked over to another building to use a computer lab, and it started to rain. I almost started crying I was so happy. It is cloudy and cold and sprinkling a bit, and honestly, I'm just glad for something different. I walked through a garden in the midst of this happiness and found a (dead for the winter) pomegrante tree. Which couldn't have been any cooler.

It is raining!!!

No comments: