Friday, November 30, 2007

Hookah fulfillment

This adventure has so far only left me feeling sane about a quarter of the time. This entire week I have been sleeping from about 5AM to 2PM instead of at night like normal people. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much done. However, Antonio is very commited to learning English and tonight he dragged me out of my safe cocoon room to a sweet Kurdish hookah bar where we studied my native language. Seriously-he brought a book. Though let me tell you, the idea that God has allowed me to make money by hanging out with a nice Italian guy at a hookah bar...is wild. I don't think I could have planned it better myself.

I also got a letter from Dylan today. He is about 6 months or so into his mission in Switzerland and being his pen pal is another great part of my life. His note was short and sweet and affirming-kind of like he is. I mean...Dylan is really kick-ass and hardcore and tough...

Anyway, despite all my breakdowns and feeling crazy, there are sweet things about this life I am living. And I will look back and remember apple tobacco, traveling friends, couchsurfers and Italian accents.

No comments: