Sunday, December 30, 2007

Vuelvo!

This morning as the plane was landing and the jet-lag was starting to settle in, my stomach flipped-with excitement! I never thought I'd be so positive about returning to Madrid.

My piso is empty because my roommates are still on vacation. It is awesome.

Traveling was smooth. Due to my penny-pinching creativity, Anna and I had the most complicated and ridiculous travel plans ever. Her amazing parents drove us to the train station at 4 in the morning. When we arrived in Chicago, our amtrak train took us right by stations we would see again soon. We took the amtrak all the way into Chicago, walked three blocks through the city, climbed three flights of stairs to the above-ground metro (remember all this is with about 100 lbs of luggage-plus whatever Anna was carrying), and rode the orange line back out of the city. Chicago is beautiful! Wow! The waits in Midway and the Atlanta airport are still blurred in my mind. Highlights? Reading OK's exclusive interview with Jamie-Lynn Spears, an amazing berry smoothie and pizza!

The flight to Madrid felt long. I had been traveling since December 28th at 5:30AM when Mom woke us up and we left Dallas. So between the 28th and the 30th, I was in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Georgia and Spain. Let me just say: I have had enough of all this sitting. It is nice to be done traveling! And I am so glad to be back in a country where I have to speak Spanish.

No comments: